We (Kathy Perret, Shira Leibowitz, and I) are so excited for the upcoming publication of our book The Coach Approach to School Leadership: Leading Teachers to Higher Levels of Effectiveness.
The book addresses the dilemma faced by many principals: how to function as learning leaders while fulfilling their evaluative and management duties. Our answer? Incorporating instructional coaching techniques as an integral part of serious school improvement.
The Coach Approach to School Leadership explains how principals can:
- Master the skill of “switching hats” between the nonjudgmental coach role and the evaluative supervisor role.
- Expand their classroom visits and combine coaching with evaluation requirements.
- Nurture relationships with teachers and build a positive school culture.
- Provide high-quality feedback to support the development of both teachers and students.
- Empower teachers to lead their own professional learning and work together as a team.
Drawing from our work with schools as well as our conversations with educators across the globe, this thought- provoking book speaks to the unique needs of principals as instructional leaders, providing solutions to challenges in every aspect of this complex endeavor.
Enjoy some of our favorite quotes from
The Coach Approach to School Leadership
Feel free to share via Social Media!